Year-End Updates on LIFT Operations – November 2020
YEAR-END UPDATE ON LIFT OPERATIONS – NOVEMBER 2020
November 23, 2020
Dear Members and Community,
The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto will be revising our operations for the rest of the year, as a result of Friday’s announcement by the Government of Ontario’s action to stop the spread of COVID-19:
1. The Education Department continues to offer our workshops online until Wednesday, December 9, 2020. Registration for the Winter 2021 Season will open in late January.
2. All production equipment rental access and our post-production facilities will remained closed until further notice in accordance with the provincial wide shutdown due to the continued Covid-19 pandemic.
3. Motion picture film stock can still be purchased via our on-line store, with the option to ship by post only. Curbside pick-up has been suspended until further notice. All LIFT Store orders for 2020 must be made by 4:00pm EST on Friday, December 11, 2020 in order to guarantee shipping the following week. We will not be taking any online orders over the holiday closure.
4. General Level memberships can still be purchased online. Upgrading to Production Level and all other levels of memberships will be on hold until January 2021.
5. Our annual Holiday Closure will remain as announced a few weeks ago. We will be closed from Friday December 18, 2020 at 5:00pm through to Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 10:00am.
There will be no rentals or online store purchases available over the holiday closure.
In January 2021, we will revisit plans for re-opening our production equipment access and our post-production facilities when deemed safe.
In the interim, for any urgent matters staff can be reached via email:
For more information about COVID-19 in the Province of Ontario, please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca