LIFT Announces Call for Submissions for Members’ Round-Up 2023, presented by MUBI – Extended
LIFT ANNOUNCES CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR MEMBERS’ ROUND-UP 2023,
Presented by MUBI
Toronto, October 13, 2023 (revised November 9)—The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) announces the return of the LIFT Round-Up. For the first time since 2018, LIFT will be hosting an evening of recent works by our diverse and talented membership on Monday, December 11, 2023 at the Paradise Theatre (1006c Bloor Street West, Toronto).
This year we are also delighted to announce the Round-Up is presented by MUBI. The curated streaming service which is dedicated to elevating great cinema from all around the globe.
LIFT is seeking submissions of individual members’ work if you would like to be considered check out the eligibility criteria below.
– Accepted genres: narrative, documentary, animation, experimental (all single channel)
– Commercials and public service announcements (PSA) are not eligible for submission
– Maximum running time is 10 minutes (including credits)
– Work must have been completed between 2019 and 2023 and made while the member was in good standing with LIFT
– Member must have used LIFT production equipment and post-production facilities in the creation of the work
– Works can have originated on film (celluloid) or video/digital; or a hybrid of both
Artist fees will be paid in line with Independent Media Arts Alliance’s (IMAA) fee schedule. https://www.imaa.ca
– Complete submission form and preview of work either online via our Google Form or via physical submission
Online Google Form: https://forms.gle/zVTu9De3cV4YNkjD6
By mail/hand delivered:
– DVD (NTSC) or USB to the LIFT office
– Completed hard copy of submission form (PDF available at the bottom of this page)
– Send to 1137 Dupont Street, Toronto ON M6H 2A3
All questions should be emailed to Development Coordinator Cayley James at email@example.com with the subject heading: LIFT Round-Up 2023
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 5:00pm ET
MUBI is a curated streaming service dedicated to elevating great cinema from all around the globe. Craving more movies? Right now, as a member of the LIFT community, you receive 30 days of MUBI to stream award-winning films from around the globe. MUBI is for lovers of great cinema—and those who don’t know they love great cinema yet. From iconic directors to emerging auteurs, there’s always something incredible to discover. Redeem your free membership today at mubi.com/LIFT
The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) is Canada’s foremost artist-run production and education organization dedicated to celebrating excellence in the moving image. LIFT exists to provide support and encouragement for independent filmmakers and artists through affordable access to production, post-production and exhibition equipment; professional and creative development; workshops and courses; commissioning and exhibitions; artist-residencies; and a variety of other services. LIFT is supported by its membership, Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, Ontario Trillium Foundation, Ontario Arts Foundation, the Government of Ontario and the Toronto Arts Council. https://lift.ca
Friday 13 October 2023 – Monday 13 November 2023