LIFT’s Operations and Facilities Protocols – November 2023 and December Closure
Monday, November 20, 2023
Dear Members and Community,
The year is wrapping up, but we’re still going strong. Staff are in Monday through Friday and our front door will be open throughout the week, depending on staffing levels. If the front door is locked during office hours, please ring the doorbell on the side entrance on Gladstone Avenue. Access for workshops and the technical department continue to be through the side door under the awning on Gladstone Avenue.
LIFT strongly encourages the use of masks inside all areas of our facility (common areas, edit suites, washrooms, etc.). With an increase in COVID-19 cases in Ontario, we encourage all visitors to wear a mask while visiting the LIFT facilities.
Masks will still be required for participants and instructors for select in-person workshops for the remainder of the Fall 2023 season; as well as the upcoming Winter 2024 season. Please keep that in mind when selecting workshops, and follow the guidelines that our Education and Outreach Coordinator emails to you.
We will continue to utilize enhanced health and safety precautions, including air filters in our common spaces, and we ask that visitors who feel unwell or have any symptoms of contagious illness postpone their visit.
We’d like to remind all community members of our Code of Conduct and we will not tolerate any discrimination. The behaviour of those in the LIFT community should reflect the same values on which LIFT was founded: namely, to foster an inclusive and diverse safe space to all those interested in learning and experimenting with the practice of filmmaking. The existence of this policy is meant to create a safer space for all who use it as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and other legislation which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
To review our full Code of Conduct please click here:
LIFT’s facility will be closing on Friday, December 15, 2023 at 4:00pm ET and will reopen on Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 10:00am ET.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15 IS THE LAST DAY THE OFFICE WILL BE OPEN IN 2023.
All levels of memberships are still available for purchase, both renewals and new applications, via the online membership portal at https://lift.ca/lift-membership up until two (2) weeks before our closure.
Payment options include PayPal, Credit Card or VISA Debit card. We do not accept cheques for membership, or any other type of LIFT products and services.
We will be closing the online portal for all membership applications and renewals on Friday, December 1, 2023.
The membership portal will reopen in the new year on January 3, 2024.
For any additional membership related inquiries, please email email@example.com
Important Note: Online Store orders must be received by 5:00pm ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 in order to be shipped before our December closure. Curbside is also available until Friday, December 15 until 4:00pm ET.
The online portion of the LIFT Store will remain open during the closure, however no orders will be shipped until Thursday, January 5, 2024.
Custom orders are on hold from Friday December 8, 2023 through to January 4, 2024. Email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with any questions.
– Store items are available for purchase via the online store at https://lift.ca/store
– Members can also e-mail email@example.com to make an order through e-mail when needed.
– Store items will be shipped via Canada Post on Tuesdays and Fridays.
– Current individual members can log on to the site with their members password to get discounted prices(Email firstname.lastname@example.org before December 13 if you don’t have a password).
MOBILE EQUIPMENT RENTALS
– Our Mobile equipment is available for rental over the December closure to current Production and Production Student members in good standing as of December 1, 2023.
– The rental rate for the holiday is the equivalent of one week.
– Rentals must be picked up on December 14 or 15, 2023 and returned on January 4 or 5, 2024
– Please review our updated rental policy as there have been substantial changes.
– A designated pick-up person must be identified before equipment can be released. This person can be the renting member or someone else specified by the renting member. It is expected that Production and Production Student members ensure the pickup person brings required proof of ID as listed in the rental policy.
– Same-day booking is possible for one or two small items. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee same-day bookings, so booking in advance is highly recommended.
POST-PRODUCTION FACILITIES RENTALS
– Facilities are available for Production and Production Student members in good standing.
– Renting members must pay and pick up an after access card during business hours.
– Renting members must come in-person to receive an orientation during business hours of how to lock up suites when using facilities after hours.
– Non-members are allowed to join renting members in the rental facilities. (eg. Editor, Colourist, etc.), however the LIFT member is liable for all equipment within the suite they are renting.
– No eating inside the facilities. Drinks allowed, but are to be kept off the tables.
– Our Winter 2024 will continue to be a hybrid model of online and in-person workshops.
– Please see https://lift.ca/workshop-registration/ for workshop description and location.
– Masks are no longer legally required by the Government of Ontario, but are strongly recommended in our in-person workshops. Certain workshops will still require masks at the discretion of the instructor; please note which workshops at the time of your registration.
– Large air purifiers with HEPA filters will be in working rooms related to workshops.
– No eating is permitted inside the digital classroom and post-production facilities.
– UVC treatment and surface disinfection are performed after each workshop.
LIFT’s operating hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 6:00pm ET.
For any other additional matters, feel free to email staff:
Have a wonderful and safe holiday season. See you in 2024!