Super 8mm Filmmaking Intensive Series for Youth (14-17)
This intensive course allows participants to learn all the main aspects of filmmaking and complete a short one-minute Super 8mm film.
This intensive course allows participants to learn all the main aspects of filmmaking and complete a short one-minute Super 8mm film. Participants will learn through a series of workshops the basics of filmmaking and the important fundamentals of writing, Super 8mm camera operation, directing and editing, with emphasis on completing their own film project.
Workshop series includes:
1. Introduction to Filmmaking: Tuesday July 7, 11:00am–3:00pm (Igor Drljača)
2. Short Film Writing: Thursday July 9 and Thursday July 16, 11:00am–3:00pm (Kyle Francis)
3. Super 8mm Camera: Tuesday July 14, 11:00am–3:00pm (John Porter)
4. Directing: Tuesday July 21, 11:00am–3:00pm (Igor Drljača)
5. Editing Aesthetics: Thursday July 23, 11:00am–3:00pm (Joe Hambleton)
July 23 – July 31, Shooting and film drop off
July 31 – August 7, Film Processing and return film to LIFT
August 10, Film Transfer at LIFT
6. Premiere Pro: Tuesday August 11 and Thursday August 13, 11:00am–3:00pm (Joe Hambleton)
Facility and Equipment includes:
· Camera: Super 8mm camera (one weekend rental or one weekday rental)
· Film: Tri-X (black and white) or Wittner Chrome (colour)
· Super 8mm film (one cartridge). Processing: Niagara Custom Lab (one cartridge)
· Transfer of film (two cartridges) to a digital file at LIFT (participants must provide storage media)
· Editing: 16 hours of editing time (see details below)
Additional cartridges available for purchase.
All equipment and facilities credits must be used by Friday August 28, 2015.
Facilities time must be used during LIFT office hours (Monday–Friday, 10am-6pm).
Kyle Francis and
Starting: Tuesday 7 July 2015 00:00