LIFT Production Support Grants - 2012
*** 2012 Deadline has passed. Applications for 2013 Grant will be online next summer. ***
Application Deadline: Monday, June 18th, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Please download and complete the attached application form on this page.
In an effort to foster independent filmmaking, LIFT has made up to $16,000 in equipment credits available to eligible General and Production members. The funds are intended for production or post-production purposes. A single project can receive a maximum of $2,000 in equipment credits. Filmmakers at all levels of experience are welcome to apply. To be eligible for consideration, the application must be completed in full. Please note that there is no retroactive funding.
1. All General and Production members in good standing as of April 30th, 2012 and on the application deadline are eligible to apply. All outstanding debts must be paid in full prior to applying.
2. First time filmmakers and students may apply.
3. LIFT Grant recipients from 2011 are ineligible. Previous grant recipients may apply after one grant deadline has passed.
4. Anyone who has previously received a LIFT Production grant must have completed their previous project, and submitted final reports and final copies of the work to LIFT, before they can apply for a new project and/or waived the grant for projects not completed.
5. Applicants must hold, and retain, creative and editorial control, as well as copyright to the project for which they apply.
6. Applicants may apply for funding for only one project per application deadline.
7. Collaborative projects are eligible to apply. One collaborator will submit the project in their name, but the application must include résumés for all participants.
8. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome, however film must play a role in the project.
9. The following types of projects are ineligible: industrial or corporate projects; calling card films; student projects; music videos; conventional forms of theatrical and television entertainment, such as police dramas, movies-of-the-week and news reports; post-production projects that have no creative element, such as blow-up processes, transfers from one format to another, or subtitling.
If you have any questions about LIFT Production Grants please contact the office.