416.588.6444 | 1137 Dupont Street Toronto, Ontario M6H 2A3 Canada | MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10AM-6PM
LIFT Production/Post-Production Support Grants - 2013 (revised)
June 27, 2013
LIFT 2013 PRODUCTION/POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT GRANT
SUBMISSION ARE NOW CLOSED. 2014 Deadlines will be online in Summer 2014.
In an effort to foster independent filmmaking, LIFT has made up to $16,000 in equipment credits available to eligible General and Production members.
The funds are intended for production or post-production purposes. A single project can receive a maximum of $2,000 in equipment credits. Filmmakers at all levels of experience are welcome to apply. To be eligible for consideration, the application must be completed in full. Please note that there is no retroactive funding. All results will be released by the end of August 2013.
1. All General and Production members in good standing as of the July 29 application date are eligible to apply. All outstanding debts must be paid in full prior to applying.
2. First time filmmakers and students may apply.
3. LIFT Grant recipients from 2012 are ineligible. Previous grant recipients may apply after one grant deadline has passed.
4. Anyone who has previously received a LIFT Production grant must have completed their previous project, submitted final reports and final copies of the work to LIFT and/or waived the grant for projects not completed before they can apply for a new project.
(See below of Final Report pdf)
5. Applicants must hold, and retain, creative and editorial control, as well as copyright to the project for which they apply.
6. Applicants may apply for funding for only one project per application deadline.
7. Collaborative projects are eligible to apply. One collaborator will submit the project in their name, but the application must include résumés for all participants.
8. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome, however, film must play a role in the project.
9. The following types of projects are ineligible: industrial or corporate projects; calling card films; student projects; music videos; conventional forms of theatrical and television entertainment, such as police dramas, movies-of-the-week and news reports; post-production projects that have no creative element, such as blow-up processes, transfers from one format to another, or subtitling.
If you have any questions about LIFT Production Grants please contact the office.