416.588.6444 | 1137 Dupont Street Toronto, Ontario M6H 2A3 Canada | MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10AM-6PM
LIFT Production/Post-Production Support Grants - 2015
November 12, 2015
LIFT PRODUCTION SUPPORT PROGRAM:
2015 PRODUCTION/POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT GRANT
Deadline: Monday, December 7, 2015 at 5:00pm
In an effort to foster independent filmmaking, LIFT has made up to $16,000 in equipment credits available to eligible General and Production LIFT members.
The funds are intended for production or post-production purposes. A single project can receive a maximum of $2,000 in equipment credits. Filmmakers at all levels of experience are welcome to apply. To be eligible for consideration, the application must be completed in full. Please note that there is no retroactive funding. All results will be released by the end of February 2016.
1. All General and Production members in good standing as of the December 7, 2015 application date are eligible to apply. All outstanding debts must be paid in full prior to applying.
2. First time filmmakers and students may apply.
3. LIFT Grant recipients from 2013 are ineligible. Previous grant recipients may apply after one grant deadline has passed.
4. Anyone who has previously received a LIFT Production grant must have completed their previous project, submitted final reports and final copies of the work to LIFT and/or waived the grant for projects not completed before they can apply for a new project.
5. Applicants must hold, and retain, creative and editorial control in the director/filmmaker role, as well as copyright to the project for which they apply. Producers are not eligible to apply unless they are also the director.
6. Applicants may apply for funding for only one project per application deadline.
7. Collaborative projects are eligible to apply. One collaborator will submit the project in their name, but the application must include résumés for all participants.
8. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome, however, film/video must play a role in the project. Priority is given to celluloid filmmaking, but all formats are eligible.
9. The following types of projects are ineligible: industrial or corporate projects; calling card films; student projects; music videos; conventional forms of theatrical and television entertainment, such as police dramas, movies-of-the-week and news reports; post-production projects that have no creative element, such as blow-up processes, transfers from one format to another, duplication or subtitling.
If you have any questions about LIFT Production/Post-Production Support Grants please contact the office.