416.588.6444 | 1137 Dupont Street Toronto, Ontario M6H 2A3 Canada | MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10AM-6PM
Call for Submissions: LIFT's Round-Up 2014
LIFT ANNOUNCES CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
LIFT'S ROUND-UP 2014
October 29, 2014—The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) announces its Call for Submissions for Round-Up 2014. LIFT is a member-driven non-profit organization that provides affordable access to equipment, education and space for those who want to make films, out of a passion for, and commitment to, the practice of filmmaking.
LIFT is seeking submissions for Round-Up 2014 of current members' work, screening at the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema on Sunday, January 11, 2015.
- Any genre accepted (narrative, documentary, animation, experimental) except commercials and PSAs
- Maximum running time is 10 minutes (including credits)
- Work must have been completed in 2013 or 2014
- Work must have been made by a current member in good standing as November 24, 2014
- Member must have used LIFT production equipment and facilities in the creation of the work
- Work may be shot in either film or video/digital
Artist fees will be paid.
- Submit complete submission form and preview of work either:
By email (preferred):
- Word Document of submission form and online link to email@example.com
- Subject Heading: LIFT's Round-up 2014
- DVD (NTSC) to the LIFT office
- completed hard copy of submission form
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Monday, November 24, 2014 at 5:00pm
The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) is an artist-run charitable organization dedicated to facilitating excellence in the moving image through media arts education and production resources. LIFT exists to provide support and encouragement for independent filmmakers and artists through affordable access to production, post-production and exhibition equipment; professional and creative development; workshops and courses; commissioning and exhibitions; artist-residencies; and a variety of other services. Founded in 1981 by a small collective, LIFT has since grown to become one of the foremost centres of its kind globally. www.lift.ca